Clear siloxane solvent based consolidating agent for protection of buildings and stones against penetration of water, grease and humidity. Strong 2000 is used for the protection of buildings and stone artifacts against penetration of water, humidity and action of acid rain. It also has a consolidating action on friable and corroded stones, preventing chalking and transformation of stone in a crumbling mass. Strong 2000 also prevents the calcification of marble and stones caused by atmospheric agents, smog and acid rain. It is perfectly invisible and does not give a wet or shiny appearance to treated pieces, keeping unchanged the original color. Strong 2000 prevents the formation of mold and considerably reduces the resurfacing of salts that may be present in the substrate or in the stone itself. Available from Halmann Vella.
Instruction for use:
- Surface must be clean and dry; stains, mildew, crusting must be scraped off otherwise they will be harder to remove after protection.
- Application can be done by brush, by roller or by spray gun.
- It is suggested, when possible, to apply the product by brush because it allows the product to penetrate better into the stone.
- Application of Strong 2000 by brush, making pressure, will facilitate penetration into frames and cavities.
- Continuously repeat the application, without interruption, until the stone has been saturated (the stone does not absorb further product).
- During the application and subsequent drying, the temperature of the substrate should be between 10 and 30°C.
- In case of application on floor with underfloor heating system, turn off heating and allow the stone to cool completely.
Suggestions for use and recommendation:
- We recommend applying the product until complete saturation of the stone. Taking care to apply it wet on wet, ie without leaving the first coat to dry, but continuing the application.
- Do not dilute the product with water or other solvents because the preparation is ready for use.
- The material to be treated must be completely dry.
- Another application system, suitable for small parts, can be that immersion is also possible to use a sponge saturated with product and dab the material.
- Once treated, the stone must be left to dry for 24 hours to complete polymerization.
- In the case of treatments for statues, vases or decorative items, pay close attention to cavities.
- Read carefully recommendations printed on label and perform a preliminary test on a small area before actual use.
Application surfaces: Marble, granite, natural, engineered & artificial stones.