Solvent based clear impregnating agent for protection of buildings and stones against penetration of water, oils, grease and humidity. Optimal performances on polished material, IDEA HP lets the stone breath, does not allow the efflorescence to exit from the stone, it penetrates deeply into the stone, does not change the original color of the stone keeping the original shade; does not make any films but catalyzes into the stone giving a very good protection. Tests carried out in laboratories demonstrate resistance to UV rays. The stone treated does not change its color after long exposure to UV rays. It prevents formation of mildew. Available from Halmann Vella.
Instruction for use:
- Surface must be clean and dry; stains, mildew, crusting must be scraped off otherwise they will be harder to remove after protection.
- Application can be done by brush, by roller or by spray gun.
- It is suggested, when possible, to apply the product by brush because it allows the product to penetrate better into the stone.
- Application of Idea HP HP by brush, making pressure, will facilitate penetration into frames and cavities.
- Continuously repeat the application, without interruption, until the stone has been saturated (the stone does not absorb further product).
- During the application and subsequent drying, the temperature of the substrate should be between 10 and 30°C.
- In case of application on floor with underfloor heating system turn off heating and allow the stone to cool completely.
Suggestion for use and recommendations:
- We recommend applying the product until complete saturation of the stone. Taking care to apply it wet on wet, ie without leaving the first coat to dry, but continuing the application.
- Do not dilute the product with water or other solvents because the preparation is ready for use.
- The material to be treated must be completely dry.
- Another application system, suitable for small parts, can be that immersion is also possible to use a sponge saturated with product and dab the material.
- Once treated, the stone must be left to dry for 24 hours for superficial drying. Optimal performance is guaranteed after complete polymerization (about 3 days). In the case of treatments for statues, vases or decorative items, pay close attention to cavities.
- Read carefully recommendations printed on label and perform a preliminary test on a small area before actual use.
Application surfaces: Marble, granite, natural, engineered & artificial stones.