Swimming Pool Surfaces Maintenance
Summer is finally upon us. Time to get your swimming pool ready for those long lazy days.
The secret to keeping your swimming pool in the immaculate state it was as when you first installed it is….you guessed it…regular and proper maintenance.
Remember that swimming pools like any other wet environment, is a breeding site for waterborne infections. Dirt found on the deck of the swimming pool may also find its way into the actual pool. Therefore proper hygiene is of the essence.
This article will give you a few simple tips on how to maintain your pool surfaces, and really it is not as difficult as one might think.
- Use a hose to give a general cleaning. A power wash may also be used, but test it on a small area at low power first as it might damage some surfaces.
- Once every other week, brush the inside walls of the swimming pool using plastic or natural bristle brushes. This will reduce buildup of algae and calcium, especially since water in Malta is naturally hard.
- If you have wood decking, it is good to inspect it before summer starts as there might be some lose boards or nails which are popping out. Then stain and seal the decking to avoid discoloration, rot and looking worn out in general.
- Sweep the decking frequently using a broom for outdoor surfaces in order to reduce a build up of dust.
- Always start with the gentlest cleaning method. To clean stone surfaces one can use a pH-neutral stone cleaner. If in doubt about whether a particular cleaning tool or material might damage your surface, it is advisable that you consult with your supplier.